Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problem connecting ESXi 3.5 to DSS

Question Problem connecting ESXi 3.5 to DSS

Hi,

We have a problem connecting a ESXi host to DSS.

ESXi 3.5 host is configured with a software iSCSI adapter in dynamic discovery. We have add the virtual failover ip in the server list.

DSS is configured with two nodes in failover mode. We have a basic setup (no access restriction and no chap auth). There is only one target.

When we click on Rescan in ESXi it found no target. But in DSS we see a connection from ESXi (see screenshot in attachement).

Any ideas ?

I have made some new tests :

When I use the fixed IP of DSS and not the virtual IP it's working. And I can ping virtual IP from ESXi host.

Are you able to ping the Virtual IP?

Also use the link below that provides details on the setup and configuration.

http://www.open-e.com/library/product-presentations/

Library
    Product Presentations

Open-E Replications

2008 - Open-E DSS Volume Replication with Failover over a LAN, February 2009
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Yes I'm able to ping the virtual IP.

I think I have found the solution. I have create a smaller LUN and it's working. My first LUN is too big (3To). I have restart everything from scratch with 2To max LUN. Now I wait for initialization and replication and when it's will be finished I will try on VMWare again.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, that is a noted issue with VMware but there is a way to grow this to a larger size. I believe someone the forum stated how to do this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube