Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Update Failed ...

Default DSS Update Failed ...

Hy,

I tried to update one of my two DSS server.

35 days ago, i tried the Trial Mode (32 bits) like recommended, my USB stick with Atlanta booted, i saw bonding / volumes (but no replication, iscsi failover etc...), i pushed back this usb stick, waiting for an classic update like before.

Finally today, i tried to update my USB DOM with the Installer, i boot on my USB Stick, run installer, select Product Key from current DOM, it start copying and.... it FAILED, can't copy
    I try to reboot on the DOM, OpenE won't start.
    I try to relaunch Installer, cant read my product Key.
    I try to boot with 32 bit version, it worked i'm back like 35 days ago, only 26 days left for trial but i my volumes are back.

What is the best way to get back my product key and make a clean install / update whatever ??

Thanks

NSC

Hi,

this is definitively work for support. I'd suggest that you open a support ticket immediately. I also had some trouble when I tried to get my two Atlanta installs licensed and I needed support to do it for me.

But beware, you might have to schedule a maintenace window or at least to be prepared to reboot your server once.

Cheers,
    budy
    There's no OS like OS X!

NSC - send us an email ASAP and we will guide you through the process. We are working on an ISO image but need more time. We needed to go with the USB path as many had requested this and this was the fastest route. Also many wanted the USB Trial version for testing with DELL, HP and IBM systems to get a close as possible to the DSS USB DOMs.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    NSC - send us an email ASAP and we will guide you through the process. We are working on an ISO image but need more time. We needed to go with the USB path as many had requested this and this was the fastest route. Also many wanted the USB Trial version for testing with DELL, HP and IBM systems to get a close as possible to the DSS USB DOMs.

Todd could you tell if 11/17/2008 is the last available ISO update image? ( b3278 exactly )

Yes it is, ISO might be ready by end of the month.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube