Visit Open-E website

Thread: 2TB DSS-Lite won't boot

Question 2TB DSS-Lite won't boot

What do I have to do to reinstall 2TB Lite on my USB DOM. Can I just reformat it, reinstall Lite, and then re-activate? I have 14 days left on the demo CD...

Thanks.

We dont have this version anymore, we can give you another 30 days (enable the Remote Support option in Extended tools) until the new free DSS Lite 2TB is released. This new version will be a different product and you will need to backup your data and copy back with the new DSS Lite version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I've enabled remote support. What do I need to do next?
    I'm planning on running DSS 6 when it is released...would that also require a backup & restore to upgrade from the 2TB Lite version?

I should have told you to send in a request to support@open-e.com first requesting this then entering the ticket # issued into the Remote Support field. They may have granted you the extension and if not submit the ticket with this posting.

You will need to back up your data from DSS Lite 2TB version then restore to DSS V6. After that you will be ok on keeping your data once buying the full version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube