Visit Open-E website

Thread: Adaptec Storage Manager in DSS 5

Default Adaptec Storage Manager in DSS 5

I got an email in the early morning from the Adaptec card in the DSS server letting me know that a drive in a RAID-5 set had failed. I connected to the Adaptec agent to look at the status. One physical drive was missing from the view, and the logical drive showed as degraded.

Came in to the office and started moving the data off of that disk to an iSCSI target on a different box. I decided for grins & giggles to do a rescan on the controller. When I did, the disk that had disappeared came back. I've just about got all of the data off, but what is irritating me is that I can not initialte a rebuild of the volume. I'm hoping, that once I get all of the data off, and pull the disk out that had failed, and install a new one, that it will let me rebuild.

I've noticed that the adaptec agent on my DSS server (Version: 5.0.DB49000000.3278) is version 4.30.00 and lacks a lot of the features I have on other servers with the same adaptec card. The ability to blink drives, etc. Do newer versions of DSS include a newer agent? Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing in the console:

There is an update for the DSS for the ASM but Adaptec has not yet completed certain access rights for the agent. Send an email requesting this and we provide what we have.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd,

I am also interested in this update for ASM.
    Where to get it?

cheers
    Matthias

Here you go - you will need the DSS 3511 and up version to use it.

ftp://software:enterforupdate@ftp.op...-MANAGER-6.10/

Adaptec Storage Manager v6.10
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube