Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS V6 Lite - No units found

Default DSS V6 Lite - No units found

I just installed DSS V6 Lite (dss6.0up04.oe_i.zip). While installing i entered fdisk und deleted everything to start from clean. Later in "CONFIGURATIONvolume managerVol. groups" i scan for units and get only "No units found". What now?

It is the same problem like in the beta.... http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?p=6284#post6284
    "Security is like an onion - the more you dig in the more you want to cry"

Are you using a RAID controller?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I use the raidcontroller i linked in the start posting, an Intel Corporation SCRU32 with RAID5. Do you need more info?

Can you try with the DSS V6 Trial version. When you installed DSS Lite did you install on a USB stick or on a RAID set. When you go into the GUI in Setup > HW RAID does it show anything or in the Status > Hardware > drivers... does it show up there? Try setting the RAID controller for the drives as single drives and do you seen them in the SW RAID function of the GUI.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I installed it on the raid. The Unit manager doesn't find anything, but the raid-controller is listed with RAID/SCSI controllers: Intel Corporation SCRU32.

In the trial Version dss6.0up04.oe_i.iso which boots up with dss6up1 b3530, i see the raid controller in the unit manager.

Why should i switch to software raid if i had an 128MB HW-Raid-Controller?

With DSS V6 Lite we dont have RAID controller support it is noted in the comparison list and is the reason I was asking if you could set the drives as single drives to see them.

http://www.open-e.com/products/open-...te/comparison/

If this is DSS V6 Lite that we are talking about this should be posted in the DSS Lite section.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Forum: We bought DSS V5 and i bookmarked this forum, because the other forums are for other products. So i has posted here.

Lite vs Full: I got an inventation to the beta program. There you wrote:
    For every user that fully completes the survey and helps us with your valued feedback, will receive a free license (NFR) of our final version of Open-E DSS V6 supporting 2TB of storage.
    . So i thought, i received a free license for the Version 6 of DSS limited to 2TB storage.

If i had noticed, that there exists different products, i would have posted in the correct forum. But also, there i would have also wondered about the problem with the RAID.

If you completed the survey then you will receive the full version of DSS V6 2TB.

Not sure why you are mad as you did not state this and would have saved time for us both. Also you receive free technical support with this DSS V6 2TB so you can send in the logs and we can support you.

I don't want to mix DSS Lite posts with DSS. I hope this is clear.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Ok, move or the close the thread.

The free 2TB-Version runs fine with Software-RAID :-)

Thanks for the update!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"