G'day All,
We are in the process of updating clients from ESX 3.5 to vSphere 4.0.
So far we have used the local storage for anything critical, but our next batch of clients needs the central storage provided by DSS.

I've read through the posts here and in the VMware forums, and it would seem that there are a number of settings that need tweaking etc. plus the main post is running to 8 pages now, and quite a few of the posts refer to V6 Beta versions. Therefore a I thought a summary list would be helpful.

So is there anyone who is running a fairly standard config of 2 or 3 vSphere servers connecting to a shared iSCSI vmfs on DSS v6(Adaptec SAS), in a GBe LAN, (no jumbo frames). VM's range from File storage, email to Terminal servers, so a real mix, with 50 staff.
I'm not too concerned if IO throughput is reduced, just really do not want to see any timeouts, or lost LUNs etc. and would rather start from a position of strength and improve performance, than struggle "trying" things out....

These are the settings/values that have been listed, are these still the reccomended?
OR should we only set these if we get issues?

MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 65536
MaxXmitDataSegmentLength = 65536
MaxBurstLength = 16776192
MaxOutstandingR2T = 8
InitialR2T = No
ImmediateData = Yes

What about iETD vs SCST?

Writeback caching? (Note: I turn it off for replication by default anyway)

Bonding?

Rgds Ben