Visit Open-E website

Thread: Adaptec ASM - Eclosures don't show properly?

Default Adaptec ASM - Eclosures don't show properly?

I've been having this issue for awhile, support told me to try v6 DSS when it was released back in July...but I didn't have time to check on it then. So here's the issue.

I'm running DSS v5 build 3278 currently with an Adaptec 52445 controller. Controller firmware is 16116. When managing the arrarys using the Adaptec Storage Manager each drive shows in the display in the correct enclosure (see http://www.oswego.edu/~gfuller/asm-good.jpg). This makes everything nice, neat and orderly so when I created logical volumes it makes a little more sense (graphically any way).

Back in July I tested out the DSS v5 build 3518 on a test USB key (per the docs -- test before upgrading your original DOM). Once I did this, ASM no longer shows drives attached to the enclosure properly. They are all just lumped at the bottom of the display (see http://www.oswego.edu/~gfuller/asm-bad.jpg).

I've also tried the trial version of DSS v6 build 3537, with the exact same issue.

I've upgraded my 52445 controller to firmware 17517 and still see the exact same problem with DSS v5 build 3278 and also with DSS v6 build 3537.

I've rebooted to my original production DSS v5 build 3278 running the 17517 adaptec firmware and everything shows up fine in ASM.

Any ideas? Is there an updated Adaptect Agent for DSS that would fix this?

--greg

An update to my own posting....I found an update that is available for the adaptec agent for DSS v5 build 3518 in the following post:

http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.p...=adaptec+agent

I applied that to USB key I preloaded with the trial version of DSS v6 build 3518, applied the adaptec agent update, rebooted, and ASM now sees the drives properly. I'll now try upgrading my production DOM running 3278 to 3518 and apply the adaptec agent update....Fingers crossed!

--greg

Production DOM upgraded the 3518, it wouldn't take the small update for the adaptec 6.1 ASM update as it said it was already installed.

Connected with my ASM client from my Windows box, everything seems to work as expected in regards to the ASM client.

Hopefully this thread will help someone else troubleshooting the same issue.

--greg

Exclamation

I think we need a version upgrade of ASM in DSS v6 -

I have an adaptec 51245 card with latest firmware and the MaxIQ SSD Kit add-on. I upgraded everything to latest firmwares (required by MaxIQ) and have tested this configuration with Centos 5.4 and the latest version of ASM and it worked fine and everything shows up as it should.

In DSS v6 latest version I downloaded yetserday (3/16/2010) to test and look at purchasing the ASM manager shows my Logical RAID10 disk array, however all the disks show up as "Other Devices" and the MaxIQ SSD doesn't show up at all.

My ASM Client version is 6.40.00 (18530)
    My Card Details:
    Adaptec 51245
    Boot ROM 5.2-0 (17544)
    Firmware 5.2-0 (17544)
    Device Driver 1.1-5 (2456)

I also see an Exclamation point in the ASM showing DSS is running 4.30.00 (16038) of asm - which im sure is why this is all not showing up right..

Anyway we can upgrade this ASM ourselves in DSS? I checked for updates in the WebGUI but nothing is available...

Thanks!

D2G

Ignore my post - I didn't check the link above first before posting all that non-sense I just did! Anyone else looking to solve this issue, it looks like you goto this thread and read:

http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.p...=adaptec+agent

The link at the end of that post didn't work - but I think you can find what you need here:
    ftp://ftp.open-e.com/SMALL_UPDATES/

which is what I'm going to try next

- D2G

Where can I find an updated version of asm for DSS V6? The links do not work.

Submit an support ticket asking for this and we will get this to you.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube