Visit Open-E website

Thread: Undocumented changes in 3836 build?

Default Undocumented changes in 3836 build?

I upgraded from the original release of v6 last night with the new 3836 build.

When I went on my ESX hosts they could not find the LUNs that were there prior to the upgrade. However on the DSS it showed active connections to my two ESX hosts.

When I went to storage config and continued to "Re-scan" about 3-4 times, the LUNS started reappearing. Then I went to my other host and it saw 3 out of 4 LUNS, so I did a "re-scan" there as well and eventually all LUNS appeared.

Now when I look at my Performance tab and read the names of the devices they have changed format from t10.SCST_FIO{SCSI_ID} to eui.0000000{guid}

However, In ESX under Configuration -> Storage; all devices show with the name of SCST_FIO iSCSI Disk (t10.SCST_FIO{SCSI_ID})

What happened? What changed that made these volumes disappear and have to be rediscovered? and why did the device names change? I am just concerned that there are some inconsistencies in what I am seeing and would like a further understanding of what happened.

Thanks!

Drew

Here is a screenshot of the device properties, you can see the title of the window and then the name of the device in the red box below it. You can see the new "1-eui.00000" ID.

and here you can see the example of what the other device looks like.

This is what is represented from the DSS v6 with build 3537.