Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFS Problems

The problem is, that I have removed a share and it no longer shows up in the list of shares. BUT: if I try to re-share, meaning to connect the same directory again using the previous used share name, I get the error message "Error: resource already exists", although it does not show up in the share list. It just seems not to be properly removed.

Again - please read my reply to last post on un-checking default path to delete the share you with to delete. Please back up your data before deleting just in case you have miss understood.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Ok - you are right, I misunderstood you. I thought a share is just something like a link and is not hard connected to a directory.

The share I have problems has 2Tb and I have no possibility to back it up.

Thanks anyway.

Will the share remove also help with the NFS problems?

Thanks and sorry for stealing your time

Not sure if this is the case but check /var/log/messages and make sure you don't have a naming conflict. Check /etc/hosts, add the hostname to the ip. Could there be something on the hosts systems preventing access to data. Again try to create another share to test (data1).
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I believe I know what the problem is. I played a little bit around with a new share as you suggested and connected it to different directories. Some dirs I could connect via nfs, some not. It might have something to do with the rights - we moved the server from a windows domain (NT) using ADS to a different domain using internal LDAP for authentication.

So all I need to do is to change the access rights what would be easy, if I would be able to mount the dirs via nfs...

That would depend on how you plan to authenticate if using internal LDAP then this will be easiest.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Yes, we use internal LDAP for authentication. So how can I check/change the access rights?

If using Internal LDAP add users to the shares. This is explaned in the NAS Enterprise manual
    pages 14 - 26. Once you have added your users then go to the Fuction of Users Shares Access and grant them access to the shares. Please review the manual. Manual can be obtained by clicking on the help tab then you see the manual button.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"