Visit Open-E website

Thread: Start Replication?

Default Start Replication?

Hello,

We're currently running DSSv6 and have a 14TB iSCSI lun set up as a hyper-v CSV.

I'm considering getting in another DSSv6 to setup replication and failover and was hoping to get some advice on the best way to do this, one worry that I have is this; The servers must be almost all of the time, can I set up replication without having to move all of my data off the SAN, turn on replication on the LV and then move data back?

This would cause me problems as the amount of time taken to move the data off and back on again would mean taking the servers offline for a few days.

Many thanks,
    Jon

you can stay running, just setup and turn on replication to copy the date to the secondary node,
    your network will take a hit, while the source and dest. catch up.
    depending on how much data you have, will determing how long it takes to sync.

Hi Symm,

Thanks for your help, I can't figure out how to enable replication though.

My logical volume - lv0000, doesn't have replication enabled and the only way I can see of enabling it would be to delete the LV and re-create it with 'use replication' checked.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Cheers,
    Jon

go to volume manager
    click on the volume you want to replicate
    you will then have the ability to turn on replication
    here is a link:
    http://www.kb.open-e.com/How-can-I-e...lumes_782.html

you should also look for a how-to on replication, it's somewhere on the Open-E website.