Visit Open-E website

Thread: NAS goes offline for no apparent reason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NAS goes offline for no apparent reason

We've had Open-E NAS-XSR Enterprise server for about 4 years, running ver 3.04.XE00000000.1876. It's never been updated (we don't do business with the company we bought it from anymore). At one time there were snapshots setup on the unit, but every time one would run it would go offline and not come back. I removed all the snapshots, but one is still stuck in the list (not the synchronize snapshot, but one defined as snap002). I can't seem to remove it. Yesterday, the snapshot decided to fire all on it's own. Now I can't keep the unit online for any length of time (I have to power it down and then back up to get it online again).

Has anybody had this problem before and if so, what is the solution?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Izzo
    Montgomery Truss & Panel, Inc.

Try to remove the Snapshot from the Extended tool in the Console screen, when doing this it will restart the system.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I went to the Maintenance tab on the GUI, selected Snapshot. Snap002 was enabled again. I clicked the "Remove" button under "Remove All Snapshots", but Snap002 doesn't go away. In fact, it was re-enabled this morning.

Am I missing something here?

Did you try from the Extended tool from the Console - just enter CTRL + ALT + X then select to remove Snapshots.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

No, but I will try that tonight after close of business. The only access I have right now is through the web GUI.

I just want to make sure I understand what you are asking - when you say the console, you are refering to the unit's actual monitor and keyboard, correct? Not a management console that is accessed remotely?

Sorry if this is a simplistic question, but just want to get this resolved with as few mis-steps as possible.

Ken

Yes from the monitor and keyboard on the server.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"