Visit Open-E website

Thread: APC UPS and system boot

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 1 votes.
Thread has been visited 13965 times.

Default APC UPS and system boot

I have an APC UPS connected to a machine running NAS-R3. I recently had a power failure and the system was able to power down successfully. After the power was restored, the system did not boot back up.

Is it possible to configure the NAS-R3 system to automatically boot up after power has been restored?

Thanks!

Power cycling the machine, and it should reboot like normal.

did you get an error on the console screen?

No, there was no output on the console. The machine was powered off per the ups configuration I entered through the web tool.

After I pressed the power button the machine booted correctly. I'd like to have the system boot back up on its own, as the failure occurred in the early hours of the morning.

does your motherboard BIOS have power failure options ?

I think a misconfiguration error may be the problem. I went into the bios and noticed the "Power Loss Control" was set to Last State. I've changed the setting to Power On to see if that will address the problem.

Thanks for your help

No, the console output. The machine was turned off to the UPS came through the web tool.
    After pressing the power button on the machine booted successfully. I like to have the system reboot on its own, since the ruling came in the early hours of the morning.