Visit Open-E website

Thread: Lost ISCSI target after hardware troubelshoot

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 1 votes.
Thread has been visited 4144 times.

Angry Lost ISCSI target after hardware troubelshoot

Hello,

Can you help me to understand why I loose the ISCSI target conf after changing the motherboard of the server. The same motherboard has been used to fix the kernel issues I had with my DSS system.
    When I reboot the system, everything seems to be fine, no more kernel panic, except I loose ISCSI targuet with 10 VM inside. Even if I try to restore a conf backup.

All informations and support will be great.

Thank you.

If you changed your hardware, then mostly your system now need to be reactivated, please find the following link for details how to activate your system again:
    http://kb.open-e.com/How-to-activate...oduct_702.html

Also check your initiator settings/configuration, even if you have to remove all settings and do them again.

Hello Al-S,

Do you mean I have only to reactivate the key to get the ISCSI targuet up again, and that's all ?
    Well, Thanks for the link.

Regards,

You are welcomed.

Changing the hardware such as motherboard, CPU, and some other parts will cause your activation to be stopped ( adding extra RAM, change NIC cards are not considered as changing the hardware).

We put this mechanism to protect your License Key from being stolen. So if you make a change for your hardware, then you have to re-activate your system again.