Visit Open-E website

Thread: ESX 4.1 not connecting to LUN with virtual IP

Question ESX 4.1 not connecting to LUN with virtual IP

I have two ESX 4.1 servers that connect to 2 DSS6 SANs (failover) that use a virtual IP.
    One VM host can connect to the SAN using the virtual IP w/o issue, the other can connect, but does not see any storage devices. I can connect the problematic server to the SAN using the adapter IP addresses and get access to the storage, but I lose the connections if I try to use the VIP.

There isn't a connectivity issue because if I input the VIP into VMWare in the dynamic settings, all of the servers IPs come up with the iSCSI target name - although I can't get VMWare to see the storage.

Any thoughts on why I'm seeing this?

Be sure from the AUX and Ping nodes will be able to communicate or it wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-S
    Be sure from the AUX and Ping nodes will be able to communicate or it wont work.
    I can ping the ping node without any loss. It's puzzling becasue one VMWare server has no problem seeing the target, but the other doesn't see the target, but does list the targets and all the server IPs when the VIP is entered in dynimc discovery.