Visit Open-E website

Thread: Product warranty

Default Product warranty

We have tested demo-CD and are impressed. We are ready to purchase DSS module. But yesterday, my USB flash drive quit working. This makes me nervous. If we are to spend $1,000 for this product, what protection we have against media failure? Also, what if the system got corrupted, say, during an update? Do you have some kind of image that we can reflash the module? Can we backup the module somewhere? If not, are we getting a new one in case of media failure? Thank you.

With the USB DSS module you can only overwrite this with our encrypted image. If let's say for some reason your system is struck by an electrical hit and the DSS module was effected you would be able to use the Demo-CD to keep your data and users active. All your information is stored on the USB and on your drives – by saving your settings in Maintenance > Miscellaneous tab. So when a new DSS is shipped you can restore. We have thousands of instillations from Fortune 100 to Military, so I think you are in good hands. By the way MTBF (approx. 2+ million. hrs.) is higher then a HD drive not to mention the extra drive for the OS (if using RAID 1).
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks for the prompt answer. And is this new DSS module being shipped to us free of charge or we will have to pay for it?

Typically how it is done in the industry if you wish to have it overnighted - you pay for it unless your company has a contract with Open-E. If not then once we receive the defective module we will ship your replacement.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube