Visit Open-E website

Thread: Snmp

Default Snmp

Hi,

is there a MIB avaible for SNMP-browsing of the open-e NAS?

Also: I enabled SNMP and I want to track traffic on my NAS using MRTG. So far everything is working ok, but using the "default" config of MRTG to monitor my network-interface doesn't give me any traffic data.

So I added the following to my mrtg-config:

Code:
    Target[feppo]:.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.3&.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.3:public@feppo:::::2
    to explizitly query the in- and out-going octest of the 3rd interface (which is connected to my LAN). But graphing those values in MRTG kinda shows the wrong values. I copied a couple GB to the NAS and my client showed my about 21MB/s (1GB/s LAN), while MRTG only showed about 5-6 MB/s.

Has anyone experience with these messuares?

Not sure if this helps (and I have not used MRTG) but I did some researching on the net where others had some similar issues and most of the fixes from groups on the net claim that the mrtg.cfg file usually has excess junk left from the example or defaults. They suggest reduce it to just the things needed for monitoring otherwise you get improper results. Our build is SNMP v2 and v3 and version of MIB is MIB II. Wish I had more info on this for you.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanx.

Well, I already stripped my mrtg.cfg file. I use cfgmaker to create a temporary config, and I extract only the interfaces I actually want to monitor.

I already checked using a MIB-Browser, and there are actually values for incoming and outgoing traffic, but somehow they don't seem to match my observation with bandwith usage on my client

I don't know about the NAS-XSR but I do the same for DSS and posted my config some days ago, maybe it helps.

The main problem you might have (now speaking only about my DSS):
    DSS supports snmp v2c but no 64Bit-counters (ifHCInOctets/ifHCoutOctets). The 32-bit if*Octets counters wrap at 114Mbit during the 5-minute polling period of mrtg..

Michael