Visit Open-E website

Thread: .AppleDB file during backup

Default .AppleDB file during backup

I would like to know if the local backup function and/or backup agent ( or if you can see it into your agent ) take care of .AppleDB files and .cnid2 files for apple resource forks.This files are some much important for apple client , if you delete it every font or old os 9 document will be corrupted.So if you used the Extended tools of Open-E in console and you delete .AppleDB folder you can say goodbye to your fonts , the problem is that you can't copy this file when netatalk is running ( the AFP server of Open-E from linux ) so I would like to know if snapshot really do is job with AFP server to be sure that my resources fork will be keep intact.

Thanks

The local backup takes snapshot of all data (including Apple files)
    so even those files are taken to backup they will be available to restore.
    Sorry for not responding quicker but our software engineers have tested this
    without any problems.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    The local backup takes snapshot of all data (including Apple files)
    so even those files are taken to backup they will be available to restore.
    Sorry for not responding quicker but our software engineers have tested this
    without any problems.

I'm happy to hear that! , we currently evaluating your product to be use as a major storage system in our department , we will use it as a backup storage server for now but if everyting work good and stable enough we plan to use it as a live data server

Server :

Apple XRAID 5TB connect via OpticFIber LSI7202-XP ( the apple one ) into Open-E DSS , QLA4010 into 3com Switch 2816SFP( for our testing cisco after ) with JumboFrame Enable , the OpenE will be a Dell Poweredge 4600 4x2.20 Xeon with 2GB Ram

Client :

Alacritech ISCSI card for Client with windows and software ISCSI for linux server

This will be you testing platform for some weeks to test the product into production environment , we are a Prepress Department so we have ALOT of data to deal with it , we have over 15TB of live data and 400 to 500GB of data change every weeks.

I would like to know if Open-E have setup with that kind of data size into production?How things work for support

We have so many systems with even larger then 15TB. We have a 64bit DSS version supporting 54TB up to 80TB on a single logical volume. Our support is free for the life of the product currently. There is some discussion on changing this as other companies do the same but currently we do not. You can always email support at support@open-e.com
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube