Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Errors on Open-E R3 Enterprise

Default Errors on Open-E R3 Enterprise

Hello,

we use Open-E R3 Enterprise for our backups. If we copy a file to the NAS the copy failes (between 1 and 10GB) and error messages are generated.

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

Anybody knows what these messages mean?

ThX&MFG

Modell: NAS-R3 ENTERPRISE
    Version: 4.00.NE00000000.2425
    Erscheinungsdatum: 2006-12-06
    S/N: 92457978
    Lizenzierte Kapazität: 16 TB

ok, new information:

running is a ping to the NAS.

If i browse through the folders on the nas, or try to copy anything onto the NAS I get 3 Ping timeouts.

It's reproducable (right word?).

During these 3 ping-losts the ntbackup (and anythign else, xcopy, etc) goes down.

I have seen these errors before (Jiffies and buffer errors) are related to Network and are from Watchdog service. Its mean that NIC can't send data or receive and hangs up. Check the NIC's, cables and or switch - I had in past had a customer that changes out a NIC to test and found out that it was going bad, I admit it was weird but test this if you can.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thank you.

We've tryed the other network device, another cable, another switch and another IP.

Problem remains the same

:/ why can't i edit my postst

*network device= *NIC

Try to update to version 410 build 2584. Burn the ISO image onto a CD-ROM and update the NAS-R3 Enterprise. If this continues I want you to send logs to support@open-e.com so we can see what is going on.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    If this continues I want you to send logs to support@open-e.com so we can see what is going on.
    Done, we asked our resaler (? the one where we bought the NAS) and now he's in contact with you

We already sent tho logs to ou.

Thank you

Ok, so support now has your logs. What is the ticket number that you received from our support group. If your reseller is in the UK I will need to now this to ask who is following up as we support many countries.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Well, it seems that all of our swiches are the problem. They are from the same reseller, and he has also configured them. Yesterday our complete network was down.

We tryed a twisted pair connection from a laptop direkt to the NAS and it worked.

Well, lets look what our resseler says, he is responsive for the NAS and the switches.

Thank you so far

Hi all,

okay it was the mainboard.

The errors occured only if we used 1 GBit-LAN. We changed the Mainboard and no errors left

thx&Best regards.