Visit Open-E website

Thread: Mac Access Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mac Access Issues

Hi,
    I've been using the open-e NAS-XSR for just under a year and have been really happy with it. I've recently run into a really strange problem that I think has something to do with updating it to version 3.11.

After the update, all our Macs have the same problem in that they can write to the RAID at full speed, but reading from the RAID occurs at around 1 meg/sec. This occurs through Samba and Appletalk. I've tested pulling a file from another PC on the Mac and it transfers at the proper speed, so it's not a network issue.

Any ideas? Let me know if you need any other info.
    Thanks!

Try to go the Console then ctrl. + alt. + x for Extended tools then select option to Remove Apple temporary files. Then test to see if this continues.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I tried that already. I tried it again to make sure and still have the same results.
    Any other ideas?

Try to change the CNID scheme, change it in resources menu for the share.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I changed from 'Use CDB CNID scheme' to 'Use DBD CNID scheme', closed the connection on the Mac and reconnected to the RAID. Still the same.

I'm wondering if it's possible to downgrade to a previous update to see if that fixes the problem?

Yes, try to go back and test. Also can you create a new Logical Volume and new share before rolling back and test? I want to see if this is related to that share. Unless you have done this already.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"