Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to access SMB folders

Default Unable to access SMB folders

Hi,

We have 2 V6 units that have been working fine for many months now.
    Unfortunately, over the last weekend we had to restore our domain controller from a backup. Since then, only 1 of our V6 units will allow access to the SMB shares. When trying to connect the users are being told that there is a logon failure via Windows.
    None of the share properties have been changed and I've tried reconnecting to the Windows ADS but nothing. I've checked to make sure the time and date is in sync and also rebooted the DSS to no avail.

Would be grateful for any advise.

can the super user connect?

We haven't set a Superuser on either DSS box but have been able to connect to them fine in the past.
    I will add a Superuser and see how far I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Canceltodebug View Post
    We haven't set a Superuser on either DSS box but have been able to connect to them fine in the past.
    I will add a Superuser and see how far I get.
    Cant find where to edit a post...
    I've added myself as a superuser and still get a 'Unknown user or bad password' message

After the restore, did any of the UID/GID change on the ADS side?
    If the super user can not connect, I suspect its a problem on the ADS side of things. Does guest access work when enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R View Post
    After the restore, did any of the UID/GID change on the ADS side?
    If the super user can not connect, I suspect its a problem on the ADS side of things. Does guest access work when enabled?
    I don't believe that any changed. We restored the domain controller pretty quickly.
    It's strange that the DSS unit will pull the users and groups from our domain but doesn't seem to be passing any credentials through.
    Our shares are set as guest access and still we have the permission error.

I can't find the DSS units within our AD so cannot remove and rejoin to see if this works other than to re-enter the details in the NAS Settings section.

Sorry, ignore the part about not being able to find the server in AD. Just found it. Wish I could find that edit button!

download the logs from the system and look at ads.log and see if anything is wrong.

I deleted the machine from AD and then reentered the details in the NAS Settings and the machine reappeared so everything seems ok from that point.
    I've also checked the log file and all seems fine. Very strange.

check the webGUI at STATUS-->connections to see if there are stale connections. If so, you may want to reboot the workstation and see if that helps