Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ERROR: No system volume found! System services can't work without system volume !

I'm sorry but i'm so lost.
    i have a unit0 with no LV, where there is all my datas

i have a unit1 working, where i made a shared folder called "test"

if i try to add a new share, by default, is selected "default path /lv0000". I can choose "specified path" but it's set to " ", and i can't change it as u can see here : http://ayla7.free.fr/open-e.jpg

so i have the directory "test" on my unit1, working, and i have my directory "info" on my unit0 that i'd like to get back

I dont see the double or single dots that you should have or can you not scroll up more? If not what browser are you using? Try with Firefox.
    If Firefox does not work due to newer version then look at this link below.

http://kb.open-e.com/After-updating-...cked_2603.html
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

if i select the LV0000 i get the "." and ".." as in http://ayla7.free.fr/open-e-2.jpg

and i use FF, the web interface works just fine

And when you click on the Double dots you dont see your other LV000x? What happens if you go to the one that you do see and keep digging into it do you see it? If not you may have had a hardware issue and if so it might be a good idea to send in the logs to support.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

i have like a tree with
    LV0000
    -> .
    -> ..
    -> test

i can go in test (the directory i created). I can go back to the root of LV0000 but not upper.
    and considering that this unit, is the second i created, then shouldnt it b LV0001 ?

the RAID controller is new, there is 3 new disks... what else could it be ? which logfile could be the good one ?

there is an option in the CLI that i didnt try "restore LVM VG (volume group) configuration"
    do you think it might help ?

If you dont see your other logical volumes from the raid, I would say your raid repair was unsuccessful.
    Does the other volume group show up in the webGUI, and do you see logical volumes created from it?

Ok, so i kept digging.
    it seems that my new VG (vg01) didnt have a LV created, so i could create one.
    now i have the LV0100 attached to vg01 (my new disk alone)
    and LV0000 my old LV attached to vg00(my old RAID6 disks, + the 2 news)

on this LV0000 i created a "test" share, but i dont see any of my old shares.

if in the CLI, i set the vg00 as default, each time i boot, i get the message "ERROR: No system volume found! System services can't work without system volume !"

in the WEBinterface, when i want to access my share :i have aswell : "Warning No system volume found."

there is an option in the CLI that i didnt try "restore LVM VG (volume group) configuration"
    do you think it might help ?

This maybe more complicated from the RAID array, you may need to contact the RAID vendor and provide them logs and explain the sequence of what happened.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"