Hi @ all,
even though our Open-E Nas 2.0 is pretty much out-dated (2005) I am hoping someone might shine some light on my problem(s):
- There were two volumes, each on on RAID set (1st RAID 5, 2nd RAID1)
- The server crashed due to power loss
- The server started up with both RAID Sets degraded
- Rebuilding the RAID1 was successful.
- RAID Set 2 is "unusable"/Inoperable. I am afraid that during the rebuild another HDD crashed.
Currently the NAS says there were no volumes available.
Under Setup - Disk Manager it detects one Unit, the repaired RAID1. But it is NOT added; adding it now would format the whole RAID1.
I tried to attach one HDD of the RAID1 to a machine and booting up a unix..But the whole disk is shown as "unallocated" disk space.
I have read something like this before:
I honestly don't know much about open-e, I didn't set it up in the first place. But I believe that the "disk/volume information" for BOTH volumes were saved to the degraded/unusable array.
Is there any way to access the files on the "healthy" RAID set WITHOUT the other Array??
Of course I am trying to get the second array back up working but it might be a complete data loss...There are no backups (not my fault either), I just would like to access the data on the healthy disks..
Anyone with a hint?