Visit Open-E website

Thread: Clam antivirus version outdated

Question Clam antivirus version outdated

I have downloaded the logs from our NAS-XSR Enterprise to find an answer to another issue, and found this notification while browsing through them.

ClamAV update process started at Tue Jul 31 13:05:58 2007
    main.cvd is up to date (version: 44, sigs: 133163, f-level: 20, builder: sven)
    daily.cvd updated (version: 3825, sigs: 8532, f-level: 16, builder: ccordes)
    WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
    WARNING: Current functionality level = 7, recommended = 16
    DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html
    Database updated (141695 signatures) from xarch.clamav.net (IP: 129.27.65.27)

After going to the referenced ClamAV website, it appears that while the virus definition files are up to date, the scan engine is not. Is this meant to update as well? Is there some way to apply the updated scan engine to my NAS? According to the ClamAV site, the later definitions may not be applied if the relevant scan engine is not available.

Thanks again

I have asked our engineers to investigate on preparing a small update to this issue. Please allow them time as this product is EOL and no time table as to when this update will be available. They will provide me an answer soon and I will keep you informed as to what they decide on.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Exclamation Is there any further update on this?

Hi Todd

Has there been any further progress on this issue?

It has been 2 months now, so I thought I would check in. Our virus definitions are now more than 1 month old. I have been updating the definition files manually, and the last successful update was on the 4th September with the file dated 03/09/2007.

Many Thanks

Brian

Yes - your timing is perfect. But I need to contact you. Email me your contact information at todd.maxwell@open-e.com
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube