Visit Open-E website

Thread: Synchronisation performance

Default Synchronisation performance

Can anyone quote some performance figures for synchronising shares between nas-xsr enterprise servers. I am testing this between two nas-xsr servers using the demo cd on both servers and getting between 2-3MB/s using gigabit nics on both servers. Is this realistic performance figures ? The share I am synchronising only has approx. 2Gb of data on it. The size of the files on the source share doesn't have much effect on the figures. I have also tried enabling the whole files parameter as well as trying it with it disabled.

Any figures published would be appreciated.

With bit count of small files it will take few minutes for preparation and replication speed should be about 10MB/s if all conditions are good (mem., nic, cpu...). Data Replication needs snapshot (is your snapshot approx 10% of the 2TB?) and lot of system memory. It is also operating on checksums so this need some time. In small count of big files it can
    replicate with speeds of up to 40MB/s. I saw your email to support so this is what I found from other customers referencing to this subject.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube