Visit Open-E website

Thread: Create update file from ISO?

Question Create update file from ISO?

Hello,

My NAS-system does not have a CD/DVD-drive, so I want to update my system using the update share.
    Wich files do I have to copy to the update share and what name must they have so I can use the update button in my maintenance menu?

With kind regards,

Robert Boers

Default Updating to latest ISO

Login to the following link below. Then download the latest version: [2006-07-06]
    NAS Enterprise update ver. 1.89 build 2024 (image_v1.06_nas-ent_v189_b2024.iso). Please verify image size 109.4MB. Then upload to your update share name.

http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...subserv=update
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Login to the following link below. Then download the latest version: [2006-07-06]
    NAS Enterprise update ver. 1.89 build 2024 (image_v1.06_nas-ent_v189_b2024.iso). Please verify image size 109.4MB. Then upload to your update share name.

http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...subserv=update
    I know that this is the procedure.
    But it does not work.
    I downloaded the ISO-file.
    I created a share with the name "update"
    I copied the ISO-file to this share.
    After this I go to the Software update function under Maintenance.
    Now when I press the update button I get the message: Update file not found !!!
    I also tried to copy the updfile2.upd from the ISO-file to my update-share.
    I get the same result. After this I renamed the file to updatefile.upd.
    Now when I press the button, the screen returns within 1 second without an error message. No update was completed.
    So it looks like I need a file with the name "updatefile.upd".

With kind regards,

Robert Boers

Default ISO update and what an update.upd file is

The update.upd files are for small specific updates i.e. drivers and backup tape drivers not
    a whole update for system and OS. In your case you will need to some how find a CD-ROM and attach temporarily to the system to update with the ISO file. When you do the update please read the update instruction on how to save your resources. Sorry for the inconvenience on the CD-ROM. The NAS-XSR products have been modified and added an advanced update solution to this subject.

Required procedures to update for ISO's:

The ISO-Files which include in update file must be burned on a CD with your favorite Burning software. (for example: Nero Burning ROM - option: "Burn Image", etc.)

In order to re-flash the module, please install CD-ROM as Secondary-Master and DOM (disk-on-module) as Primary-Master. Please set the BIOS to boot from CD-ROM drive. Then boot form the ISO-CD and wait until prompt: "Update complete, Please Remove CD and restart". After re-flashing, please reset the BIOS to boot from Primary-master HDD. USB CD-ROM can be used as well.

Updating the system may take about 10 minutes.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Post It's clear.

Thank you for your response.
    I'll try to attach an CDROM/DVD drive.

With kind regards,

Robert Boers