Visit Open-E website

Thread: Adaptec Storage Manager and notification for Adaptec 3805

Default Adaptec Storage Manager and notification for Adaptec 3805

Did anybody experience problem with seting mail notification in Adaptec Storage Manager (version 4.01.00 (4574)) for Adaptec SATA RAID 3805.

I have DDS LITE and Adaptec 3805 installed on my Intel server.
    I installed Adaptec Storage Manager on my XP desktop and now I am able to manage physical or logical disks on my Adaptec RAID 3805 in DSS LITE storage server.
    The problem is when I try to go on Configuration menu for my LITE Server and try to sett something for General settings or Notifications or Email Notifications or Tasks I always get same respond....Operation failed!!

sorry guys...I don't know why are two last lines in my previous message white....should be bold!!

anyway...it should loks like that...regular....

The problem is when I try to go on >Configuration menu for my LITE Server and try to sett something for >General settings or >Notifications or >Email Notifications or >Tasks ... I always get same respond....Operation failed

Default Adaptec Storage Manager

Is DSS lite properly activated
    If so check that there is no firewall blocking email

Default Adaptec Storage Manager notification

DSS lite is properly registered...
    I tried the same with original full DSS 16TB version 5.0.DB45000000.3028 With factory defaults.....before I made reset of Adaptec RAID...reboot DSS....result is the same.
    Finally I connected DSS and my Win XP station with crossover cable....disabled firewall and virus protection on XP and run Adaptec Storage Manager again....result is the same.....I CAN manage drives....I CAN NOT manage anything under CONFIGURE menu of ASM. It gives me option....but when I try to execute it...then I get Operation failed message.
    My customer is getting a little bit nervous now :-(
    Thanks guys for any help in advance...

Finally.....I replaced old version (4.01.00) of Adaptec Storage Manager with new version (5.20.17414) and now I can configure email Notification and other parameters on DSS LITE Adaptec RAID.
    Anyway...thanks guys for suggestions...till next time :-)

spend 2 hours to figure this out, I changed the default port from 25 to 587 on my 1und1.de account. now its working...