Hi,

habe here an SuperMicro with LSI based certified OPEN-E Exomium S200 box with a LSI 9265i (with batt. backup and Cachecade 2.0 Pro).
Cachecade SSDs are 4*Samsung 843T Pro in a RAID1.
After 14 days of usage, I can confirm that the latency improved, unfortunately in case of data consistency the opposite happened.
I had a uncorrectable disk directory structure error in a Win7 X86 (any kind of chkdsk was not able to repair it), a correctable in SLES 11 SP2 Ext3, and a uncorrectable at our main Mac OS X 10.8.4. server. After disabling to cachecade the last one disappeared (this saved a lot of time and effort) so I'am quite sure that the problem was just a not consistent Cachecade cache.

For sure I use the lastet DSS V6 and LSI firmware.

After that I opened a ticket at LSI, after a few day the suggested to test the previous firmware release if the data corruption occurres too.
I refused this, because this is our main production data box with 20TB, after that LSI closed the ticket.
Think about to run something like this and find inconsistent data after 14 days, do you have a backup strategy which can fix that?

I have currently a discussion with the hardware vendor about the product and have to make sure that LSI Cachecade is supported by OPEN-E and the driver in OPEN-E fullfill the requirements of LSI for Cachecade. OPEN-E firmware is 6.0up98.8101.7337 64bit, 9265i is 23.16.0-0018.

Can you please confirm this?

Do yo have any success story with CacheCade and OPEN-E without corrupt data? Or is it usual that the data are corrupt using LSI Cachecade?

Thanks a lot in advance

Henri