Visit Open-E website

Thread: Intel 2U support

Default Intel 2U support

I am trying out DSS Lite on an old Intel SSR212MA. It's working OK, except when I try to configure the Hardware option in the console, I just get a "failed" message. I could live with all the status lights being on, but the high speed whine of the fans is pretty anoying. I checked the BIOS and firmware, and did upgrade the BMC and SDR packages to the latest version, but no help. Any help would be appreciated.

mm.. There should an option in your Intel system.. You can setup the range manually so fans can work depends on that range... or set the acoustic...

Quote Originally Posted by masim
    mm.. There should an option in your Intel system.. You can setup the range manually so fans can work depends on that range... or set the acoustic...
    Unfortunately, this is not in a standard PC chassis, so there is no setting in BIOS setup for the fan speed.

This unit is the same hardware platform as the SSR212CC listed in the "Hardware setup" page in the console, so I'm surprised it doesn't work. I thought that the Open-E software package had the chassis management drivers built in. Is there something else I need to do first so that it will recognize the platform properly?

The Certified Intel SSR212 2U does have the Bios option to reduce the fan
    Since your system is older it may not have that option in the Bios

It's called Acoustics settings in the BIOS