Visit Open-E website

Thread: disabling quota checking

Thumbs down disabling quota checking

Hi. I am having serious trouble with invisible quota checks. This started after I enabled NIS authentication and "Data replication agent", then copied some files from a RedHat Linux 9 box using rsync.

Currently, I can only create files/directories from the root account on RedHat Linux 9, but I cannot if I switch to a non-privileged account on the same machine. The error message is "Disk quota exceeded". Solaris boxes are essentially read-only now. If I try to create directories/files from Solaris, I always get this error message "Disc quota exceeded". Snooping the NFS traffic, I see that the NAS actually returns

There are no users on NAS now, disk quota is completely erased, quota information that I download from NAS is this:

nobody;0

I executed "Restore settings" using previous reboot, but it did not help either.

How can I disable the quota checking on this NAS?

Thanks.

Hmmmm.....

If you create a new volume would you face the same thing???

Also, try to set Quota to 0.. see if this make the trick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by masim
    Hmmmm.....

If you create a new volume would you face the same thing???

Also, try to set Quota to 0.. see if this make the trick!!!
    It seems that I cannot create another volume as all the resources are assigned to the existing volume. There is no extra space left.

Could you tell me detailed steps to "set Quota to 0"? I did set Quota to 0 but it did not remove the error. I am not sure if I did what you mean, though.

BTW, I updated to the latest system software but it did not help either.

Thanks.