Visit Open-E website

Thread: Critical Network Error - Unable to use NAS

Exclamation Critical Network Error - Unable to use NAS

In trying to solve the problem listed in http://forum.open-e.com/showpost.php?p=3880&postcount=6. I shutdown and restarted. The server booted up with the wrong IP settings. It had changed from 192.168.1.241 to 192.168.1.220. I thought this was odd, but I proceeded to put in the correct IP addresses anyway.

After putting in the correct IPs the system worked, and I could connect through the web interface and everything seemed to be working normally except the errors in the error log, when I tried to delete them, nothing happened. The page would refresh, and the errors would still be there.

Also, when I was in the NAS interface via the web, the NAS server kept reporting that it could not connect to open-E, check your firewall. The firewall is no different than it was a week ago when everything was working fine.

I shut down and restarted the system to show a co-worker what was happening, and when the system finished booting, the self test said OK, but network settings is blank. When I use F2 to view the network settings there's nothing there. When I use CTRL + ALT + N to access the network settings there are no network adapters, and only DNS settings and routing in the menu.

When I press CTRL + ALT + H to view the hardware info, under network controllers I have two Intel Corporation 82547GI Gigabit Ethernet Controllers in the list.

Is this related to the http://forum.open-e.com/showpost.php?p=3880&postcount=6? To test the hardware, we shutdown the server, and removed the USB DOM, and plugged in our backup USB DSS Lite DOM, and when the system boots everything looks normal, although I did not access the console via the net interface for fear of corrupting our backup DOM.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

well we solved the problem. I'm the colegue of havensystems. I had a backup of the usb flash drive from 2 months ago. I just overwrote what was on theflash drive with what I had saved in my backup, booted up and we had our network interface back.

So, a word to wise you all, make sure you have a backup of whats on your usb module.

Bill

Your ethernet-controllers may not be supported by Open-E.
    A list of compatible ethernet-controllers can be found here:
    http://www.open-e.com/service-and-su.../network-card/

Quote Originally Posted by infolink-dk
    Your ethernet-controllers may not be supported by Open-E.
    A list of compatible ethernet-controllers can be found here:
    http://www.open-e.com/service-and-su.../network-card/
    Sorry, seems like it supported anyways since you could connect before.

Is your version of Open-E the newest release?

Please try to remove the logs from Maintenance>hardware.
    Also if you still have an old builds on your DOM, you need to remove it.

Also this happend due to Some DSS files on the USB media are inconsistent.
    PLEASE run update to latest build 4550, It will solve the problem.

And if you can check the RAID health from the RAID controler (see the vendors manaul on how to do this) and also perform a Repair File system from the Extended Tools menu in the Console screen enter CTRL ALT X then run the tool - the system will restart after completion.

Also i suggest to perform a memory test for your system ( can be found on the first option when you reboot the system )

And adding additional memory to your system is a good choice that can help you not having this issue again.

At the end, if all this not work with you, then tell Open-E and they will try to find what is wrong with your system.

check the available free space you have left
    I've seen some wierd things happen when I fill the drives.

Ok i have the same problem well i will check it but why this problem create?