Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: belinea b.center / Update

1) Can I just load the data on a USB device? Or does it need an installation? Because I don't have a Graphiccard in my b.center...

You can download the DSS Lite and test just make sure to remove the other OS and set the USB as the first boot order in the BIOS.

2) During this process can something be damaged, or will it be possible to re-create the RAID level later on easy?

DSS Lite does not have RAID controller support. You could create the raid set and test or have each drive as a single drive and use the sw raid tool in DSS Lite - but you will need to test this.

3) Do you have access to the drivers which are used for the b.center? I got the hint, open-e has designed the previous installation.

Sorry to say we dont have support for this any more.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd

Thanks a lot for your answers! Just some questions on your inputs, ...

for 1) I need a graphic card. There is no way to preconfigure it and replace the usb key?

for 2) I will recreate the RAID after installing. Do I've to cleanup before, or will it be possible to overwrite the whole config / data from the new installation?

for 3) any chance to get the drivers for the b.center (unsupported, I know)? Maxdata / Belinea does not exist anymore...

Thanks
    Norbert

1) Can I just load the data on a USB device?

You will install the DSS Lite on a USB flash stick 1GB or more. Instructions are available from the notes.

2) During this process can something be damaged, or will it be possible to re-create the RAID level later on easy?

Best is to back up your data then create the RAID set but we dont have support for DSS Lite only on the forums and there is no support for RAID controllers for the DSS Lite. There will be support for DSS Lite soon, most likely later this month or next. You can always upgrade to DSS V6 professional version as well. See link below.

http://www.open-e.com/store/

3) Do you have access to the drivers which are used for the b.center? I got the hint, open-e has designed the previous installation.

We think the drivers will be in the DSS Lite but no support is for DSS Lite only from the Forum or purchasing support for DSS Lite.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube