Visit Open-E website

Thread: Intel SRCSASRB SAS RAID Controller

Default Intel SRCSASRB SAS RAID Controller

I am testing on the DSS Lite, I using the Intel SRCASARB SAS RAID (equal to LSI 8708ELP). The DSS Lite detect this HW RAID as Intel/LSI SAS.
    I have install the Intel RAID Web Console 2 on a Server 2003, when I run it, it does detect the IP of DSS Lite as a remote RAID controller, when I use the username and password show in the DSS lite, raid or raidview, I just got login failure.

Hope some on give some hint on that.

Thanks!

I am little confused... You put the Intel username and password in the DSS lite GUI "setup tab then hardware RAID" and you got login failure? ?? ?? ? ? ? ?

if true, then contact Intel.. its their username and password....

let us know

Hi SuperSAN,

Sorry for the confusing. I am not log in through the DSS-Lite,Setup,H/W RAID. Look like this page is just tell that it detect my Intel RAID Controller and it had start a background service waiting for management tool to log in.

Intel RAID Web Console 2 is Windows java app install on a windows environment. Normally, if I setup a Windows 2003 with this Intel RAID controller, I will install this java app, connect to the localhost and login as the local administrator.

This time, I am connect to the IP address of my DSS-Lite, and log in as raid password raid.

Here is some screenshot of my DSS-Lite and Web RAID Console 2
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/terence...7607473886699/
    Thanks.

G'day Tngan,
    Given that the SRCSASRB is a pretty new card (as far as I know), it is quite likely that the drivers in DSS Lite can't run the Web GUI (even though they may be able to work with the disks).
    Since the full version of DSS is newer, perhaps trying the eval version will work better. At least you will know it is not the card.

To ensure you don't have an issue with the card, you could try booting with a LiveCD such as UBCD or UBCD4Win (not sure if they support this card though).
    Rgds Ben