Visit Open-E website

Thread: Anti-Virus in DSS Lite

Default Anti-Virus in DSS Lite

Dear All

I received the follows message when my DSS Lite tried to update virus data, can anyone give me a hint?

Antyvirus:Check your internet connection or change DNS or mirror server.

THANS A LOT

Try to ping from the Console Tools CRTL + ALT + T then select the Ping option and ping one of the selected mirror site : switch.clamav.net to see if you are able to receive a ping reply or try several others if all fails try pinging to known outside address if this fails check firewall and DNS settings.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Question Ping works but still no database update

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Try to ping from the Console Tools CRTL + ALT + T then select the Ping option and ping one of the selected mirror site : switch.clamav.net to see if you are able to receive a ping reply or try several others if all fails try pinging to known outside address if this fails check firewall and DNS settings.
    Hello,

I have the same problem.

I sent a ping to switch.clamav.net and received 100% of the packages back.

But still I cannot receive the updated database from this site. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there too much traffic on this server?

I checked many other sites too - always with the same result.

Funny thing: Yesterday evening I could download the database when I configured this feature the first time...

Best regards
    Toni

Can you check you firewall settings to see if it may be blocking the download.