Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Array P800 and DL165 G5

Default Smart Array P800 and DL165 G5

I want to evaluate the DSS lite before purchasing the DSS 4TB version. I go to the raid tools from the console and the controller is not detected. Are there special instructions or settings for this card or is it not supported in the Lite version ?

If I got the HW/RAID in the GUI, there is not controller or array even thought I created a RAID 5 from 4 x 500GB internal. There are no other drives.

I will need to test the software before I can issue a P.O. for the product.

Thanks,

Stephen

I assume you have DSS LITE 1TB, and 4x500G in RAID 5 is more than 1TB.

Can you create a smaller RAID? Can you access the GUI?

Default Smart Array P800 and DL165 G5

Noopykat,

Which RAID controller are you using? Did you make sure it's supported in Open-E's website?

Asaph

I can access the GUI but i do not see anything under H/W RAID. The controller is an HP Smart Array P800 8 port SAS/SATA. I would assume that it is supported as it is mainstream and not a fakeraid controller at almost $1000.

I will try to make a smaller array but I doubt that is the problem. I want to make sure the application works before I invest in a 4TB license...

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi noopykat

The HP Smart Array P800 8 port SAS/SATA should work, the drivers have been added to our software. I have also seen instances where our customers are using it.
    At this time our GUI does not support HP RAID controllers in the H/W RAID tab.

Were you able to create a smaller RAID array to test with DSS lite?

Smile

I was able to get the system to detect the P800 and it is working very well. My only issue at this point is that I have a server with 4 x 500GB drives and I can only use 3 of them. I saw that there was a version that supported 2TB but is no longer available.

Is there a way to purchase another 1TB of capacity for a total of 2TB ? I really like the product but I am having a problem getting the approval to purchase the 4TB license when I only need 2TB.

Also, if I purchase the software, what are the support options that are available ?

Thanks.

The smallest upgrade that we sell is 4T.
    As for support option, we offer free technical support by emailing support@open-e.com, in most instances please download and include the system log files from:
    STATUS -> Hardware -> Function: Logs.
    You can also call us, the number is listed on our website:
    http://www.open-e.com/service-and-support/

Default HP Proliant P400 Raid Controller

Hi

I also cannot dedect an HP Smart Array P400 Raid Controller with consol Tools. What was the issue or the solution for the P800?

Thanks
    Martin

We have the drivers to support the P400 card.
    We do not have the functionality built into our GUI or console tools
    Reboot then enter the BIOS for the P400 to configure your RAID.

To-L,

I just received my 4TB DSS Package . Other than erasing the current array and creating a new one using the 4 x 500GB SATA drives, is there anything else I will need to do ?

BTW, the coffee mug is a very nice touch . I don't know how many times I have hunted around the office for a clean mug for my "Hi-Test" coffee...