Visit Open-E website

Thread: Mounting NFS shares on remote host

Default Mounting NFS shares on remote host

I have a backup server in which I have used mounted nfs shares from a remote file server (linux) and performed the backup service.

E.G.

Fileserver(Linux) -- /share, /share1 mounted on BackupServer(linux) as /mnt/share, /mnt/share1

I now have this shiny new, OPEN-E NAS server where i have

Fileserver-OPEN_E(Linux), /shareA, /shareB

I want to mount these shares on my BackupServer(Linux) as /mnt/shareA, /mnt/shareB

So I do the usual, I've enabled teh share and noted the actual path it is shared up as..

for instance, i.e. /data/disk1/shareA instead of just /shareA

and i do the usual:

mount -t nfs NAS-Server-OPEN-E:/data/disk1/shareA /mnt/shareA

and I get access denied.

My back up server is on the same workgroup, the share is config'd for no root squash and guest access.

What gives?

Default Mounting NFS shares on remote host

Kapaneus,

Here's a link to Open-E's Knowledgebase:

http://kb.open-e.com/

You should find the article on mounting NFS shares at the top of the recent articles list on the right.

If not, go to the Information folder, and look under General Information, NFS.

...hope this helps.

Asaph

Thanks asaph07 for the help.

Kapaneus- please let us know if you have more questions

Regards,
    SJ

i figured it out. I was specifying the mount point incorrectly. On the previous NAS appliance i had, I specified the share as /device/devicepoint/raidnumber/file/share

the OPEN-E share is intelligent enough for me to just say '/shareA', although to the NAS server itself, the full path is probably, /lv001/raid5/shareA or something like that.

Thanks.