Visit Open-E website

Thread: No connection with NAS GUI

Question No connection with NAS GUI

I set up a completely new Open-E-NAS using a new USB stick. The PC started and I could change the static adress to 192.168.1.11 with no problem. Then I went to my client machine and started IE7. After entering the static address 192.168.1.11 I got the message that something is wrong with the certificate (this is normal too). After clicking on the entry to go on the screen remained empty. No GUI, nothing.

I tried the same thing with Forefox. There I got the message that that the certificate was generated for a different server. I created an exception for this IP adress after downloading the certificate. Boom, the page is empty again.

When doing the same stuff with Safari on a Mac I get the message "Safari cannot oper the page https://192.168.1.11:443/ because there is an error (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork-Error 302".

Now I'm running out of browsers. Does anybody have an idea what is going on? There is a Windows 2003 Server Small Business running in my network. This server is running DHCP and DNS services - I'm not using DHCP, but I'm using DNS. I use my router as a Gateway for this network.

Thanx for you help
    Toni

Try From the console CTRL-ALT-T
    go into time settings
    After setting time say yes to create a new certificate.
    This should fix it.

Question Sorry, doesn't working

I resetted the time settings, let the NAS generate a new certificate, and ... boom! It doesn't work. Same like before. Any idea?

Try removing any all certificates that are in the Firefox browser.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube