Visit Open-E website

Thread: reactivation failed, Data lost?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation reactivation failed, Data lost?!

I had a problem with my USB Stick (suddenly only black screen while booting) and I had to reinstall DDS Lite on the USB Stick.

Now I need to activate the DDS Lite 2TB again. (Same Hardware, same USB Stick)

But it fails with error:

Error
    Can't connect to Open-E server.
    Please check internet connection of your server: IP, gateway, DNS settings. Please also check your firewall settings - port 10444, TCP should be opened.

Port 10444 is open and the DDS Server can reach the internet!

Please help!
    Because the activation fails I can't access my Data anymore!
    I need them back quickly!!

Thx

Default Same Boat

I have the same problem, the DSS Lite software also seams to have vanished from the open-e website ...

I'm guessing they have just decided to drop all support for it and everyone who is using it can just go jump?

Hi All

We have removed DSS lite for a short time, while we are adding more features to it.
    DSS lite will return in Q1 of 09

Which means no more reactivations of DSS Old Lite? Looks like the activation server is also shut down. Can't connect to Open-E server message all the time lately.

But how can I activate my currten installation again?I need to reactivate my current installation but this doesn't not work.
    How can I access my Data now?
    Now in the unactivated status of the DDS I can't access to my iSCSI LUNs with all my Data and VMs.
    With other words: In the moment I lose all my Data because de DDS activation doesn't work !

The DSS lite server should be back on line.
    Please try again

Thank you very much!

But now it says:

Error
    Activation not confirmed.

What's wrong ? It's the same system and I have also restored my system settings from a backup.