Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win 2008 Cluster SCSI-3 commands

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 1 votes.
Thread has been visited 28403 times.

Since Windows Server 2008 R2 will introduce Cluster Shared Volumes, this feature won't really matter - correct?

We haven't performed all the tests yet so I won't be able to respond as of yet until nearing the release date.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by cphastings
    Since Windows Server 2008 R2 will introduce Cluster Shared Volumes, this feature won't really matter - correct?
    >> http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/arc...8.aspx#9463300

SCSI-3 PR is necessary in R2 too!

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    March release could happen near the end of March or mid April, this our ETA for this feature.
    Do you already know the ETA?
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

Sorry that I don't as the engineers needed more time to add a few more items and I won't know until they inform us that they are satisfied with the results. We don't want to rush this out until they approve it.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi,

Out of curiosity (if you can share this info), are you implementing the LIO target, or are you writing additional support for the persistent reservations in SCST?

Thanks!

It is SCST.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Talking

After doing a little bit of googling, it seems that open-e is responsible for making qlogic fibre channel workable as a target under SCST (see http://scst.sourceforge.net/target_qla_isp.html ). On behalf of everyone who uses open source software, thanks open-e!

Also, it looks like some people at open-e have made contributions to the latest linux kernel, 2.6.29, so thanks for that!

This is just one reason among many to choose Open-E: they make contributions to open-source software, and that helps everybody.

Many thanks for the comments! We could use many as our engineers really try hard and for a small company they try harder to compete as best we can
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I don't mean to bother, but has there been any update to this? I am incredibly excited about the possibility of SCSI-3 PR's!