Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Win 2008 Cluster SCSI-3 commands

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 1 votes.
Thread has been visited 28405 times.

I know you all have been extremely patient and we can't thank you enough for this. If you ask me on the 22nd or 23rd I might be able to get a beta release for you to test. Keep in mind we want this to be the best product release in the history of Open-E so we are doing allot for this new product release and don't want to rush without getting all the work completed.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Is there an ETA for the software release or is a beta available, because we are using an open-e DSS and want to prototype it for a windows 2008 failover cluster.

Best regards,

Jens Bliemeister

Beta should be out next week or following week.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Question

how to receive beta for test windows 2008 failover cluster ?

thanks
    regards

Send me an email and I will explain on how to get this and what we require from you to provide feed back as this is very important to our engineers to help them. Otherwise you can wait several weeks for a user beta release version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Thany you for mail - I installed the beta release successfully on my USB stick, booted up the machine and had a first look at the new GUI - my first impression: wow ! Very improved design und usability.

All the rest (Win 2008 Clustering with SCSI-3) I'll test end of june after my holidays.
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

Many thanks for the comments
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default Still Available?

I'd like to get a hold of the latest beta to try out some 2008 clustering. Is it still available?

thanks

All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"