Visit Open-E website

Thread: Suggestion: Configuration overview

Default Suggestion: Configuration overview

As our DSS configuration gets more and more complex on one hand, and security reviews will require lists of currently defined users and resource permissions on the other, I'd love to see a structured configuration overview for our DSS server.

Some XML would be nice, although a parsable text output would be sufficient in most cases.

Valuable information would include:
    - defined storage volumes
    - defined network parameters
    - defined security parameters (with option to include passwords)
    - list of defined NAS resources plus mapping to storage volumes and paths, enabled protocols, security restrictions.
    - list of defined iSCSI resources plus mapping to storage volumes etc
    - list of defined FC resources (WWN names, group details like mapping to storage volumes and access restrictions)

Or have I missed an option where I could have a look at this information with the current release already?

With regards

Jens

Unfortunately we don't have plans to make such configuration export/import, but we want to make our GUI more and more simple so I hope it will be much faster to configure and see the configuration from the GUI than look into XML file.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke-S
    Unfortunately we don't have plans to make such configuration export/import, but we want to make our GUI more and more simple so I hope it will be much faster to configure and see the configuration from the GUI than look into XML file.
    A better (and probably more important: faster) GUI sounds promising - on our system each action takes ages - to look at all FC groups (around 15) takes minutes.

XML would have been a format that could be handled easy via tools, that's why I was mentioning it. But I'd be glad for a simple text format configuration overview, if that'd be all that can be had.

With regards
    Jens

We have discussed the problem with a slow web gui also here: http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?t=1136. Good to here that someone is working on it !