Visit Open-E website

Thread: Which mode of IPoIB does Open-e use?

Question Which mode of IPoIB does Open-e use?

Which mode of IP over Infiniband does Open-e use? Do they use IPoIB-CM (connected mode)? Because the connected mode is WAY faster than the other implementation of IPoIB (but still not as fast, of course, as SRP or, say, NFS-RDMA). In fact, it almost isn't even worth using Infiniband if you don't use at least IPoIB-CM:
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~wtantisi/ibcl...xperiment.html
    The IPoIB-CM (with SDR x4 Infiniband, i.e. 10Gb/s) achieves 500MB/s, while the slower IPoIB achieves only 100MB/s. The theoretical maximum is 1000MB/s for first-generation Infiniband cards, which can be approached using zero-copy protocols based on, say, RDMA.

Also, are any other infiniband cards compatible besides the ones listed in the product compatibility page?

Default What speeds?

Also, what speeds are people getting when they use IPoIB with Open-E??? From cache or from disk, I'm interested in both numbers.

Are any users out there using InfiniBand with Open-E?

Default IpoIb

Hi !

I' have been using infiniband SDR for a week right now.
    From The tests I have made, it seems that open-e is using IpoIB because, I haven't got better results thant 100-130 MB/s.

With this kind of performance is not usefull using IB cards on open-e, since you can reach that kind of speed also with giga ethernet.

Is IPoIB-CM available on open-e or it will be ?
    We use mellanox cards.

What is your experience ?

Regards
    Alex