Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where enable the option "Label with Barcodes" ?

Default Where enable the option "Label with Barcodes" ?

Hello,

my tapes have barcodes. I want to label my tapes with their barcode. In help there is written to enable the "Label with Barcodes" ? But where ? I see only the "Label prefix"-Textbox.

-------------------------
    Available options:

* Label prefix: Enter a name for the tape. When labeling several tapes at once, the prefix for the second and further tapes will have a number appended, e.g., prefix, prefix1, prefix2, prefix3 etc.
    * With erase: When enabled, each tape will be cleared prior to being labeled.
    * Limit tape size: Here, you can limit the size of the tape after it has been labeled. When left empty, the tapes will not have any imposed capacity limits.
    * Label with barcodes: When enabled, the prefixes for the labeled tapes will be the same as their barcodes. The Label prefix box will be greyed out when this option is on.

Thanks,

Stephan

Please try updating to the latest version.

If that does not fix the problem, send logs to support@open-e.com

Which version has this feature?

I'm waiting for this feature for quite so long... I'm using a rather new build (3234) and I can't find that option.

Other thing I would like to see it the backup client to be able to find the tape by its label/barcode no matter on what slot is the tape in.

Dear HangS,

Did you test it with 5.0_47_build_3216? It seems older than yours, but it was tested with this release and its working.

Regards,
    SJ

Default This didn`t answer my problem !

Where can i enable the option "Label with Barcodes" or is it automatically detected and shown when open-e recognizes the tape drive to have a barcode-reader ?

I am using the following Version:

Model: Data Storage Server
    Version: 5.0.DB47000000.3216
    Release date: 2008-08-28
    Licensed Storage Capacity: 16 TB

This should be the one where it should be tested with ?

I am using a Quantum Super Loader 3 and the barcodes are displayed in Open-e in the "Label new Tapes"-Section.

I will send you logs and hope to get an answer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sh-J
    Dear HangS,

Did you test it with 5.0_47_build_3216? It seems older than yours, but it was tested with this release and its working.

Regards,
    SJ
    Then I guess it is because I'm using "In_Engineering_Phase" firmwares. I started using this versions as it was suggested by support in order to fix an issue I had. Since then I'm using this branch as I though It should be more feature rich

This is my current version:

Version: 5.0.DB48000000.3234
    Release date: 2008-09-26
    Licensed Storage Capacity: 8 TB

Quantum SuperLoader 3 and the barcodes are recognized in the label new tapes list. I just can't autolabel tapes based on that.

I'll try the latest "In_Engineering_Phase" and Stable versions during this weekend

I just upgraded to

Version: 5.0.DB48000000.3251
    Release date: 2008-10-20

And still can't find that option

After examining through open-e support there is a problem with "mtx" and "loaderinfo" (linux-tools) for handling auto-loaders.
    As i understand the problem, one of the tools gets the correct information from the autoloader (Quantum Super Loader 3) that there is a barcode-reader available, but the other tool will receive the information, that no barcode-reader is available. So the option "Label with Barcodes" will not be shown in the gui.

Open-e is currently working on this problem. I think this problem will affect more people that use a "Quantum Super Loader 3".

I am currently waiting for a workaround (updated linux-tools with work correct together or a manually setting on the fileserver through the open-e support). I will post here again what the solution will be.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan123
    Open-e is currently working on this problem. I think this problem will affect more people that use a "Quantum Super Loader 3".

I am currently waiting for a workaround (updated linux-tools with work correct together or a manually setting on the fileserver through the open-e support). I will post here again what the solution will be.

Hi!

Any news on this subject. I would really appreciate some way to identify the tapes unregarding of the slot where they are loaded....

Using slots to identify tapes, rather then labels is somewhat limitative..

Arrow Currently there os no solution available

Hello,

currently this problem is not yet solved, but in progress. I have to wait for a solution .... But the problem is not forgotten by open-e.