Visit Open-E website

Thread: 3Ware9550SXU-12ML

Default 3Ware9550SXU-12ML

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the issue where the controller is unable to display the drive status correctly?

Firmware SD15
    Reallocated Sectors 0
    Power On Hour 0
    Temperature 0°C (0°F)
    Spindle Speed 0 RPM
    Queuing Supported Yes
    Queuing Enabled Yes
    Link Supported 1.5 Gbps
    Link Enabled 1.5 Gbps

I've upgraded the firmware of the 9550SXU but it is still not displaying the drive info.
    FE9X 3.08.00.029 2.26.08.003-2.6.24

Check the 3Ware logs to see if there is anything that might help.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Forgot to add - Check that the cables and power connectors are fully working. Blinking lights "LED" from the drives should show power.

Reboot the system and go into the BIOS of the 3Ware to see if you can see the drives from there.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Forgot to add - Check that the cables and power connectors are fully working. Blinking lights "LED" from the drives should show power.

Reboot the system and go into the BIOS of the 3Ware to see if you can see the drives from there.
    Hi Todd,

Yes I'm able to see all the drives and their status from the BIOS...but not from the 3DM2 web interface...

G'day Kok-hong, this may seem like a very stupid question, but just to confirm you are running the full version of DSS and not DSS Lite?
    I've noticed that the drivers in the Lite version are a <cough> bit behind </cough> the full version.

Just a note to the moderators, the demo CD's etc now do not have the changelog, so are they available anywhere else?

Rgds Ben

New Demo-CD to be released within 7 days will most likely have this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

If your drives are Seagate please make sure you have the latest firmware. They seem to be having a few problems at the moment (oh and remove the jumper from your drives) just look at the mess with the ES.2 firmware it also seems the 1.5TB 7200.11 have problems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare99
    If your drives are Seagate please make sure you have the latest firmware. They seem to be having a few problems at the moment (oh and remove the jumper from your drives) just look at the mess with the ES.2 firmware it also seems the 1.5TB 7200.11 have problems as well.

Hi nightmare99,

The firmware on all the drives are SD15. Googled, but didn't seems to see any problems reported for 1TB, though the 1.5TB drives have problems between SD15~SD17, based on Qnap techsupport.

Removing the jumper enables the SATA-II 3Gb link mode. But all other values remain as 0. Not sure if the link mode would significantly improve performance. But that's not the key concern at the moment. The box is meant more for stability than performance.

I'm actually able to see all the drives values from the 3Ware BIOS during startup. But not thru the 3DM2 interface. 3Ware techsupport seems to think the problem lies with the version of the 3DM2...recommends to use the version from codeset 9.5.1.1...but I get varied responses from 3ware tech support. Local distributor say those values are simply not supported???

---------
    But I think these values are useful to have:
    Reallocated Sectors 0
    Power On Hour 0
    Temperature 0°C (0°F)
    Spindle Speed 0 RPM

-------------
    Also have upgraded the DSS version to latest
    Version: 5.0.DB49000000.3278
    Release date: 2008-11-19