Visit Open-E website
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: License server not available?

If this is the 1TB DSS Lite then check you email and read the notes for instructions.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Sorry I have not received any email from you regarding this yet. Thanks!

Please check your huu_calyx forum email account.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default unable to connect to the DSS license server

Hello Moderator,
    I'm unable to connect to the DSS license server to activate the software. Please help.

Thanks!

Check to make sure that you are using the same email address that you registered it under in the past.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default DSS Lite Activation Instructions

Todd,
    After minor hardware configuration change, DSS-Lite (Jan 2008 release) is asking to activate server again, but activation is showing "Unknown Error" after activation attempt. Can you, please, provide me with instructions how to overcome this issue.
    Thanks,
    Vitali

If this is the January version it could be the 2TB DSS Lite and we do not have this available. This ended very shortly and was introduced by the 1TB version. In other posts we recommend to download the DSS Demo-CD and backup your data this will give you 60 days of access.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

It's definitely 1TB version 5.0.DL37000000.3003 from 2008-01-31

Typically what I have seen from this error is usually from an incorrect user email account that was registered from the first stage and also that there was a small problem with the download. Sometimes this can be fixed by running the md5 check from the download that was provided and reformat the flash stick.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Todd,
    As I have said, this DSS lite server was working on for more than 8 month. I just have added new multiport NIC and now, due to hardware change server requires registration again. If I'm entering wrong User name/password combination, server gives just this particular reason for none activation. From my previous experience "Unknown Error" usually means that activation server is down. Any thoughts about?