Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: License server not available?

Exclamation Problems with activating DSS Lite

Dear Moderator,

can you please send me instructions on how i can get my copy of DSS activated as well ?? I had to re-install DSS Lite on the USB as the old USB memory stick seems to have gone bad.

Gives an "unknown error" when i try to activate again.

BTW, i have a registered copy of DSS Lite 1TB, but i read in the FAQ's about DSS Lite 2TB - so am i eligible to download and use this from some secrect location

Thanks
    Shubham

Sent email regarding your inquiry.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default unknown error

Dear Todd,

I´m looking forward to help me.
    I had to reinstall DSS Lite on the new USB Stick, as the old USB Stick seems to have gone bad.
    I Can´t connect to Open-e Server for activation.

Thanks

Nikl

Check your email - sent you the information.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I have a customer that I recommended Open-E DSS Lite (during the period 2TB = free).
    They needed to reactivate late 2008, but that did not work. The recommended action was to use the demo cd (by reading the forums).
    Now the trial has expired and all VM's on that SAN are down (iscsi disabled). Downloading a new trial would not work I guess (everything would be deleted?)

WHAT TO DO?

Please enable the Remote Support option to extend for another 30 days. Please reference to in the field description this posting.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I can not find this Remote Support option? Where can I find this?

Demo-CD is this version:
    Model: Data Storage Server
    Version: 5.0.DB49000000.3292
    Release date: 2008-12-02

"Remote Support" is accessed via "Extended Tools" on the console. To get to it from the console, press "Ctrl-Alt-X". (Ctrl and Alt are the ones on the left side of the keyboard, not the right hand ones).

G'day,
    Just for the benefit of anyone else reading this post in the future. We were in a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lohelle
    Downloading a new trial would not work I guess (everything would be deleted?)
    The important thing is not to panic.
    So long as you do not modify the VolGroup (probably VG0) your data will be safe.

So contact support as above and they will help you out, but DON'T muck about with the vol groups and your data is as safe as it always was.

Cheers Ben.

Default Problems with activating DSS Lite

Dear Moderator,
    My USB memory stick has failed. I had to create a new DSS lite USB stick with the software that I already had. I'm unable to connect to the DSS license server to activate the software. Please help.

Thanks,