Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error(s) on san2 from Replication

Default Error(s) on san2 from Replication

2008/12/22 18:16:05 Replication:Volume Replication: Device lv0002: Connection (from Connected to WFConnection). Mode local/remote (from Secondary/Primary to Secondary/Unknown). DataStatus local/remote (from Consistent/Consistent to Consistent/DUnknown).

2008/12/22 18:16:15 Replication:Volume Replication: Device lv0002: Connection (from WFConnection to Connected). Mode local/remote (from Secondary/Unknown to Secondary/Primary). DataStatus local/remote (from Consistent/DUnknown to Consistent/Consistent).

I keep receiving these errors. Did I set something up incorrectly?

When I check in tasks the volume replication is consistent/consistent

Does both systems state in the Failover section that it is OK or Degraded?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

hm.. this is strange.. when i first started the service everything was ok

Service running degraded
    Node status primary/active
    Ping node ok
    Communication via:
    bond0 failed
    eth1 failed

I have 4 failover tasks and they all state connected and consistent

so is there anything I can do?

Is the Bond 0 dedicated to the Volume Replication setup and the Eth 0 dedicated to the Virtual IP Address. Since the Ping node is OK and the consistent state is ok it almost sounds like some hardware issue. Though hard to tell when the status is showing ok.

With NIC's showing status failed could be an intermittent switch issue, what is the network setup like?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

The san2 is connected to foundry netiron mlx and san1 is on the same router. they are both on the same vlan
    san1 172.16.0.2
    san2 172.16.0.64
    vip 172.16.0.32

So if you have 4 tasks via your iSCSI volume replication and the error message is indicating that LV0002 has an Unknown state but shows it is consistent then the other 3 are ok. I would check the Destination server LV0002 to make sure it is properly set for scsi ID, LUN, Target name and make sure it is enabled as well as the Volume Replication manager to make sure that it is set to destination. Also on the Source. All the other 3 iSCSI Volumes are not showing errors so it must be something with the LV0002.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

i actually got it to work before with the demo and i had all the stuff you mentioned setup on both servers.
    I don't know why its not working now, but I stopped the replication and failover since its in production now.

also want to mention i didn't have the error just on lv002 it was on all of them, i just didn't post it since they were all similar