Visit Open-E website

Thread: Support for UPS Evolution S3000

Default Support for UPS Evolution S3000

Hi,

I have one of my Open-E which is not connected directly to UPS, my UPS Unit is connected to a management server with Network Management Proxy from MGE. I have to manage the UPS to shutdown ESXi Server.

Can i use the Slave Mode from OpenE to connect to this software from MGE ?

Or i could use a remote Shutdown with SSH...

Thanks

NSC

Dear NSC,

We do not offer an SSH connection for shutting down the UPS. And I suggest using the slave mode in order to monitor and shutdown the system.

In this link, you can find a clear explanation how to set the UOS with your DSS, in slave mode:
    http://kb.open-e.com/entry/59/

Regards,
    SJ

Hi,

I've read this KB article before posting.

I understood that i can put my OpenE in slave mode but my question is : "Is Slave Mode compatible with the software from MGE ? The Network Management Proxy."

I find too thtat OpenE seem to be compatible with NUT as slave but i dont want to put a specifix Linux on my network only for UPS.

Thanks

NSC

Hi,

I tried Slave Mode with Proxy Management installed on Windows XP , that didn't work...

I will try to configure OpenE in Master Mode and make a connection with WinNUT....

Nsc

hi,

In fact, i need this "Network Shutdown Module Linux x86 Console" in OpenE.

http://download.mgeops.com/explore/e...rk/net_sol.htm

With this software installed on Linux, the Linux can communicate with the Proxy Management installed on Windows.

But i dont think OpenE want to install theses types of thing on their software...

SJ - Ask engineers if this is possible, as long as there is support for it.

We are extremely backlogged with many tasks and requests, please be patient as it will not happen soon.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I configured my OpenE as Master.
    With WinNUT Client 1.5 installed on my XP i can monitor my UPS connected to Open but it doesn't give me a lot of information (only STATUS)...

I'll try to make my own "shutdown" module managed by WinNUT and let OpenE shutdown himself.

If yours engineers integrate "Network Shutdown Module" in OpenE it's really a very good point for your software because this module is compatible with VMware ESX, Virtual Center, Windows, Linux etc...

NSC

Good point - SJ look into this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks a lot To-M