Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problem synchronize data using 2 initiator, 1 target

Default Problem synchronize data using 2 initiator, 1 target

Hy,
    I have a problem, i have two initiators (open-sicsi) and one target (iscsitarget) running on Debian, everything works well: the connection from initiators to target are established,

Feb 2 05:53:28 Server2 kernel: SCSI device sdb: drive cache: write through
    Feb 2 05:53:28 Server2 kernel: sdb: sdb1
    Feb 2 05:53:28 Server2 kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi disk sdb
    Feb 2 05:54:15 Server2 kernel: kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
    Feb 2 05:54:15 Server2 kernel: EXT3 FS on sdb1, internal journal
    Feb 2 05:54:15 Server2 kernel: EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
    Feb 2 05:54:15 Server2 kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.

the same is on Server1, the second initiator. This volumes i have mounted...to /BIG
    The problem is when i write some data on the volume mounted on initiators /BIG
    (eg. Server 1 ) the data is not seen on Server 2 on volume mounted /BIG, i dont't know what is the problem, is really important that when i write something on 1 disk on one server data to be seen one the other server
    It's really important to resolve this problem. I hope that will help me
    Thanks Ciprian

Dear Ciprian,

FOr the 2 LUN's you are using, are you using 2 host initiators writing to the same LUN? If that is the case, then the problem resides here as we do not support such implementation. If not, please let me know how you connect the servers with initiators.

Regards,
    SJ

Default New details

Hy,
    Thanks the answer, i come up with new details about my configuration. Yes i have two host initiators that are connected to one target using one LUN. After the connection is established it gives me on every host (initiator) a disk "sdb1" that i mount to a directory using ext3 file system. When i write some data to the disk that i mounted on each initiator, data is replicated to the target, i know this because i seen on wireshark messages that write data to the target and read it again. The problem is that: what i write on one initiator is not seen by the other initiator, but if i umount the disks on initiators and i mount them again data written on one is seen on the other initiator.

I wait for any suggestions to resolve this..Thanks to help me SJ

Regards
    Ciprian

Dear Ciprian,

Unfortunately, to implement such scenario you need a SAN file system, and we do not have that, means; we do not support writing to the same LUN from multiple Initiators.

Regards,
    SJ