Visit Open-E website

Thread: unable to start iscsi fail-over

Default unable to start iscsi fail-over

Hello,

When I try to start my iscsi fail-over setup I get the following error:

Error
    Configuration of both nodes finished with errors.

Where can I find more information why this isn't starting?
    ISCSI failover was earlier working perfectly on this machines. Yesterday I had to change controller, created new volumes, tasks etc and now it isn't starting anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe also usefull info, the replication task is still sync'en source and destination. Destination is still in a incosistent state. Is that maybe the cause why I can't start the fail-over task?

Have to say that this morning (before I started again all-over with config) the volumes were consistent and at that time it also didn't started.

THanks.

What does the Secondary server say in the iSCSI Failover function, it will say either Active or Passive?

Also you stated that changed a controller was this the RAID controller or something else.

If you changed a RAID contoller did you use the Failover button in the iSCSI Failover function of the Primary server before shutting down the system?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd,

Got it fixed now. I disabled and re-enabled iscsi failover on both nodes and suddenly it worked again.

It was a new setup on both nodes.

Any idea in which log file I can find more info if this occurs again?

Thanks!

Some of the log files that might be helpful are: ha-log,ha-debug, task.log, critical error. log, Heartbeat directory, drbd directory, dmesg, test, iscsi directory. It is an art to learn logs and it takes time to study them. Later we change the structure of the logs to better read them as there are hundreds of log files. Research and study them as I said it takes time to know them even for me
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube