Visit Open-E website

Thread: Failover with 2 Volumes and 2 Virtuel IP ???

Default Failover with 2 Volumes and 2 Virtuel IP ???

Hello

I want to know if I can use the Failover module with 2 volumes and two virtuels ip addresses

Thank

This configuration will not work, the reason is that you need to have all the Source volumes in on DSS server and the Destination volumes on the other server. You can have 2 VIP's but you will need additional NIC's.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Sorry to delete your last post but I do not allow Open-E engineer names and responses to be posted on the forum.

The engineer did respond correctly in that if you use the Manual Failover it will work but not with the Auto Failover. From the diagram that you have you will not be able to have the Auto Failover with Source Logical Volumes on both servers. You can test this and you find out that it will not work but with the manual failover it will.

You can have multiple Virtual IP addresses.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I just had a response from Open-E Support that tells me that the solution is possible !!!

Just so you know, we have a customer doing this sort of "cross-replication" thing that you describe (but manually, not auto-failover), but we're going to change it to auto-failover, so we're going to have to go to a regular setup with one server only having destination volumes and the other only having source volumes.

It is possible with Manual Failover but not with the Auto Failover.

You can test this by downloading our DSS Demo-CD version for free from the link below.

http://www.open-e.com/service-and-su...-cd-downloads/
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"